Sunday, September 3, 2017

September 2017

Has it really been almost a year since my lost post? Well, there should be a lot to tell then! Unfortunately, I have forgotten everything haha.

We are all doing good enjoying Guatemala. We might only have 1 more year here so we need to take advantage of that. So here is a little bit of what is going on with us  :D

Maya: Oh my sweet little girl. Every day we look at each other with Mike and express how grateful we are that she is ours. She is such a sweet little girl. She loves to cuddle, give kisses, say hi and bye, she loves to eat and my goodness is she always smiling. On our trip to New York a bunch of people stopped to say hi to her and she loved the attention. We heard "she is so cute" a thousand times haha. At one point in the plane and on the train she just sat there and said hi to every single person that passed by us. On my hard days all I gotta do is look at her and my day automatically becomes better. We are so grateful for her. She can crawl so fast and is really trying to stand up by herself, she will be walking soon i think. She loves to pull my hair and sticks it in her mouth. The only bad thing is she puts everything in her mouth. Colton never did this. The other day i saw her picking something up and put it in her mouth. I ran to her and took it out of her mouth.... it was a SLUG!!! Gross, I still get grossed out every time I think about it. 

Colton: He is still a mamma's boy even though he is getting better at not being with me all the time. He is so fun though and says some pretty funny stuff. He has my parents laughing all the time with the things he comes up with. He loves to play cars, soccer and superheros. He is still having a hard time staying in his primary class. He goes to half class and then he gets out. He has really gotten into eating fruit now, it's nice to have our trees of berries because he just takes a cup and goes on his own to pick them out. He loves to play with water, he gets sick very often but when i see how much fun he is having i just cant tell him to stop haha.

Layla: Just yesterday we had the elders come over for dinner and they told us a funny story. They love Layla and the things she comes up with. Just a couple of weeks ago i guess she went up to one of the elders from the other ward and gave him a stapler. She told him she had gone to the Mesilla (town where the border is) and had gotten it for him. She told him to put it in his packet and no matter what to not let me see it haha. They said we knew what she had done was not right but her face was priceless and we had fun with that. She decided that she didn't like gymnastics any more and she only wanted to do skating. Both of them with Xavion can use the skates pretty good so we think this next year we will enroll them in something else until they decide what is it that they really like and stick with it.

Xavion: Well, he is turning 8 this month. I talked to the bishop today and he agreed into doing his baptism on the 30th. It's so nice to know he will be getting baptized, at the beginning of the year he was already inviting everybody to his baptism so he is pretty excited. We have been practicing a song that the 3 of them will be singing that day. It will be nice if my family can come and be with him on that day. He is having a hard time separating English from Spanish when it comes to writing and reading. We are still thinking if we will enroll them in school next year or just stick with homeschooling. Public school here is kind of a mess. Right now they haven't been going to school for over a week because the teachers are protesting and the way they do it is by closing all of the schools. Xavion started going down in his grades and he was even sent to the principal's office 2 times but after a talk with him things got a little bit better. So its kind of hard to decide to keep them at home because they enjoy school and enjoy their friends and we know they need their friend time. So we will see what we decide to do once that times gets closer.

Mike and I are surviving. Mike keeps doing his practice at the local orphanage and he loves it. He has gotten pretty close to some of these kids. Other than that we are just surviving with 4 little kids who keep us pretty busy. Now that we went to New York I didn't want to come back to Guatemala. I love my country but going back to the states and walking around TARGET was nice haha. My friends made sure we had a nice time and since we had such a short time to be there everything was just in a hurry. We did get to go to Kohl's, Ross, Target, Old navy, Red Robin, Wendy's!!! just walking into a organized store was nice haha. I think Mike is tired of hearing me saying "I just want to go back again" haha. I thought Colton was going to have a hard time while I was gone so i didn't want to go for too long but he was happy and didn't cry at all. When i came back my mom said how obedient and nice Colton was. She said she was amazed at how much he understands and how well he listens. Then she said "leave me your 2 boys any time but next time take Layla" haha. We loved New Jersey and Delaware. Everything was green and there were lots of trees and mountains everywhere. It was like being in Guatemala but in the US. After seeing so much beauty we don't know if we want to go back to Arizona where everything is dry haha. Well I hope it won't take me another year before I come back again. Till next time!










No comments:

Post a Comment