Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Another 2 weeks..


These last weeks were so long and super busy. I can hardly remember what we have done. Colton and I were sick  for a while. It wasn’t fun. We both got a cold and Colton didn’t want to be down at all. I felt bad for him. I got better but Colton didn’t. He had a lot of phlegm, cough and fever so we had to take him to the hospital. What we found out while at the hospital was that his lungs, throat and ears were fine but not his stomach. He had a stomach bacteria. Dr said another day or so and he would have gotten really sick and would have needed to stay hospitalized. We were so happy to know we took him in just at the right time. Now with his medicine he has had a couple of better days. Two Saturdays ago we went to a concert with Mike and some of my siblings. Ricardo Arjona! We had to go to Guatemala City for that so I had to leave my kids for 24 hours… it was really hard especially to leave Colton because it was the first time I left him for so long. I was so nervous and really didn’t want to go anymore because I was having a hard time leaving Colton and leaving my mom with so many kids but at the end we did go. I felt really bad for my mom but I got my older 2 nephew and niece to help with my kids so my mom wouldn’t have to do all the work. Thankfully Colton was super good with them while we were gone and the one who cried and cried because we weren’t here was Layla haha. I thought she wouldn’t have a hard time but I guess she did…. Little stinker! Anyways, we are so glad we got to go. It had been a while since we were able to go out without kids and just be together the 2 of us. I love going on dates… especially with my handsome husband. I just love him so much J.

We have been able to go out to the pool a couple of times with all the kids. It has been very nice to go swimming. We thought that by moving to Guatemala we wouldn’t have to deal with so much heat anymore well….. we were so wrong. I think we brought the heat with us because for what we read there is a very nice weather in Arizona now!.  We hope that when we go back in a couple of weeks we can take the heat back and leave it there haha. Mike had a new experience this week. One of these days someone started screaming for help. When we listen to what they were saying we sent as much help as we could. They were screaming that someone had fallen into a well… Mike had just left to go get something at the store and someone had stopped him on the way. He went to help get this guy out and he took him to emergency room immediately. Mike couldn’t believe what he had lived. The good thing was the guy made it and he is now fine.

Colton gave his first 2 steps by himself last week. He is growing too fast and I can’t believe it. He gave a couple of steps going to my nephew and went straight to hug him and had a huge smile on his face. My nephew was super happy the first time he walked he was going towards him. They love Colton so much. They are always taking care of him. He also learned how to get down from things. This week he got down from the bed!. One day though he tried to go down from one patio to the other and it was so tall that his feet didn’t make it all the way down and he fell on his butt. I’m glad it was his butt.

Layla has said so many thing this week that she wanted me to mention and I can’t remember anything. She always says mom/dad “write this on the flag” lol. We have told her many times its blog not flag but she still calls it a flag. She has been carrying her baby doll on her back just like women carry their kids here in Guatemala. It’s pretty cute. Someone asked Layla this week if they could take a pic with her and she answered 5 quetzales haha. The girl said I don’t have 5 but I’ll give you 2. So Layla took the picture haha this girl. This girl is going to be a business girl!.

One of these days we went to the central park of Huehue to do some errands and there were so many people in line there. Someone gave the kids a bunch of candy each. When we saw Xavion was just hugging everyone who was in line or close by and giving them each a piece of candy haha. Everybody loved him. When we saw people started giving a couple of quetzales for being so nice haha. He was super happy that a few people gave him money. What we couldn’t believe was there was a man close by who was asking for money and when he saw that someone had given them money he run to the kids and put his little bucket right up to their face so the kids put their money in there. People here in Guatemala take advantage of everybody. Xavion’s Spanish is coming along. He is really trying now and wherever he doesn’t know how to say in Spanish he comes and asks and then he goes and continuous his conversation. Both on them with Layla are praying in Spanish now, a very short prayer but they can do it now! And both of them are starting to read a lot better too. They are brilliant!

Colton found a new hobby... Layla and Xavion aren't very please with it lol



This is what my baby does pretty much all day. A few times he has disappear in seconds and we find him behind the house just exploring around.



This is the first spot he learned to get down from. He always throws his toys in the flowers so he can get down to pick them up.


 
Just in case you ever wonder if he throws fits lol.... he wanted more bread.



Layla carrying her baby...Guatemalan style!


Layla and Xavion trying to eat worms... real ones haha. JK they just posed for the picture.



At the central park...
 
This guys came to add a lamp to this post. It was cool how they work on there, they climbed the post just like little monkeys haha.


 
Well people this is it for this week, like always we hope you are having fun back in the US. We love you and miss you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment